Environmental Education and Communication
Water Resources Protection
- Conduct public environment education, sponsor volunteers’ organization, promote public participation in environment protection.
- Focus on ecological and environmental problems in typical regions. Improve regional eco-environment by demonstration and setting good examples.
- Encourage social supervision in the solution of water pollution and in protecting the water resource safety.
- Strength the organization construction and improve team innovation capability to achieve sustainable development of the organization.
- Establish cooperation and communication mechanisms to strengthen the experiences exchanges among different civil organizations.
Green Camel Bell (GCB), the first Non-governmental environmental protection organization in Gansu, was formally established on 4th, November, 2004. It aims to protect and to restore the continuing deteriorated ecological environment in West China. Since establishment, GCB played active role in setting environment crisis, carrying out public environment education, promoting sustainable development in rural area, training environment volunteers and so on.
What we are doing now
- Strengthening Herdsmen Community’s Capacity to Improve Community-based Green Business Project, funded by the Ford Foundation since 2014.
- Research on Lanzhou’s Public Awareness on Water and Strengthening Water Policy and Governance Project, funded by National Geographic Society since 2014.
- Gansu Water Environment Project, funded by Pacific Environment since 2006.
- Upper Yellow River Waterkeeper project, as a member of Waterkeeper Alliance since 2009.
What we have done
- Air Quality Public Monitoring and Coal Related Industry Investigation Project, funded by Nature University and Waterkeeper Alliance, 2012 – 2015.
- Rule of Law on Environment Protection Project, funded by NRDC, 2012 -2014.
- Yellow River and Maqu Grassland Ecological Protection Project, funded by the Ford Foundation, 2010 – 2012.
- Sunflower Planting and Eco-farming Demonstration and Promotion Project, funded by World Bank, 2008 – 2011.
- Ecological Construction Popularization Project in Gansu Earthquake Hit Area, funded by the Ford Foundation, 2008 – 2011.
- Green Travel Project, funded by CANGO, 2006 – 2009
- Public education in Lanzhou Zoo, 2005 – 2011
- Investigation Report on the Incident of Excessive Levels of Benzene in Tap Water in Certain Areas of Lanzhou on April 11th
- Local Ecological Stories in Maqu
- Herdsman Album
- Maqu Environmental Protection Outside Reading Materials
- The Story of Tiny Drop
- Local Textbook of Minqin Desertification
- Environmental Education Reference Reading for Huining Primary School
- A Legal Handbook for People Impacted by Water Pollution
- Guide-Book of Lanzhou Zoo
- Collected Works of Gansu Green Student Camp
- Lanzhou Green Map